F our generations of the Mondavi family have grown and produced wines among the world’s finest. Cesare Mondavi was the first to bring wine to the table but it was his son Robert’s passion for excellence, which inspired both his family and the world. Tim and Marcia Mondavi, along with their children, maintain this continuum of excellence, innovation and tradition at their estate, high on Pritchard Hill.
One purpose, one estate, one family. Continuum is an opportunity for our family to realize our ongoing passion for excellence in winegrowing by creating a singular wine recognized among the finest in the world. Continuum truly is the culmination of our family’s four generations in wine and Tim’s four decades as a winegrower. Tim's been very fortunate to work in some of the best wine regions and vineyard sites around the globe. We know that this property is a great estate. Our quest is to realize this potential and to create a new First Growth.
- Continuum crushes at new estate winery, celebrating Robert Mondavi's 100th birthday.
- Robert, Tim and Marcia Mondavi found Continuum to produce a single estate wine.
- Robert Mondavi Winery is founded to produce world-class wines. Tim leads winegrowing for over 30 years while Marcia develops innovative sales and education programs.
- Family purchase of Charles Krug Winery - The Mondavi's grow and bottle quality table wine.
- Cesare Mondavi produces quality Napa Valley bulk wine. Family purchases part of Sunny St. Helena Winery.
- Cesare Mondavi ships California grapes to home winemakers.
- Robert Mondavi born.